At some point in life, we all have danced to our favorite song at a party, club or in front of the TV in the living room. What you probably didn’t know is that besides being fun, dancing is a great aerobic activity which provides the body with many health benefits.
Top Health Benefits of Dancing
1. Increase energy and improve strength
2. Dancing is a completely natural and intuitive way to get your body in good shape and increase your energy levels.
3. Increase muscle tone and coordination
4. Lower your risk of heart disease
Some studies even show that it improves cardiovascular health more than cycling or walking.
5. Help you manage your weightDancing is an exceptional way to lose weight. It can burn as many calories as walking, swimming or riding a bike. With 1/2 hour of sustained dancing you can burn between 200 and 400 calories.
6. Strengthen the bonesDance is considered a weight-bearing exercise which can prevent osteoporosis and strengthen bones.
7. Increase your stamina and flexibilityDance is a physical exercise. Exercise increases stamina and flexibility.
8. Build confidence and self-esteem. Dance gives you a sense of success and achievement when you master it.
9. Provide opportunities to meet people.
10. Improved well-being Exercise elevates your mood by raising the endorphins or feel good chemicals. That gives you a sense of general well-being. Even a little dancing can improve your mood.