When should you wash your hands?
- Before preparing food
- After handling dirty things (diapers, garbage, pet litter, going to the bathroom)
- After sneezing, coughing or using a tissue
- Before and after dealing with a cut or injury.
How should you do it? It seems simple, but are you doing it correctly?
- Using water - lather up your hands.
- Rub for twenty seconds (or sing Row, Row Row Your Boat twice)
- Clean nails; between fingers; top and bottom of hands; around thumbs
- Rinse well.
- Shut off the tap using the paper towel
Hand sanitizer is great especially if you don't have access to soap and water. BUT if your hands look dirty, you really need to find a sink. Remember, when you use hand sanitizer, you need to clean your whole hand of both hands.
Here's step by steps of washing and using hand sanitizers -click on the picture to make it bigger.